illegal system dll relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrkiller

i cant start certain applications, including AVGfree, and some setup programs, the error message says this:

"the system DLL user.dll was relocated in memory. the application will not run properly. the relocation occurred because the DLL c\windows1system32\shell32.dll occupied an address range reserved for windows DLLs. The vendor....."

can u guys help me to solve the problem?

when did you started to experience this problem, did you install any new software or try to set up a new user, are you in a domain.

Please send howard_hopkinso a pm asking for this to be switched to the spyware section.

:)

the only thing i can think of is a windows update.
i dont think it is spyware, i do regular cleanups like explained on the spyware section. thats why i came to this section.

thanks guys! that solved the problem.
if u guys think this is the wrong forum i will pm howard.

having my anti virus again sure leaves me more relaxed.

after all that didn't work, the problem was that i had my dll altered so the icons styles, etc where like i wanted them.
but i had no problem before the windows security update.
so the problem was solved not because of the Microsoft issue solver, but by uninstalling the customization pack i had.

Stupid microsoft......

Indeed.. Stupid Microsoft, not taking into account every (illegal) hack any given user may apply to their system files. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back