I'm back

well my story is nothing special. i have some Czech friends that i haven't seen for 15 years, but the son i seen 5 years ago.
anyway i was invited to his wedding in a place called 'repin' pronounced 'zyepeen'.
after this wedding i went to stay at his parents home in Novy Hradek (pronounced as you see it) in east Bohemia, population circa 900. while i was there i had a very memorable experience. i was invited to attend a presentation of o project by the children on the countries of the EU. the age es of these were from 9 years old. i was given samples of food from each country to taste, but was gutted when it was the turn of Italy, GOD HOW MUCH DO I HATE OLIVES, yes i had to eat olives, puke: i ate them with a smile.
after this, i was invited back the next day to attend an English class. i was told that it would be for about 30 to 45 mins, it lasted two hours. the pupils were very attentive, this was the first time they had put into practice their vocabulary of English to an Englishman., i suppose it was quite daunting for them!
at the end of the class, i was approached and asked for my name with a signature. i asked why they wanted it, they replied , you are famous.

the story written can't reflect the enjoyment of this experience.
if memories had a saleable value, this one could buy the world....

GOD HOW MUCH DO I HATE OLIVES, yes i had to eat olives,
they're not that bad.......... the trick is you just gotta bury it under 3 different types of seasonings and flavours and they start to taste ok :D

Nearly gotten dragged into one of them awkward 'wow.. you know english?' scenarios when my cousins came over from indonesia.. minus the classroom..

Sounds like you had an interesting and enlightening adventure. Thank you for sharing it with us!:)

How long where you there for?

Back