Im having a problem doing a repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLZ286

I got my windows cd and I thought I was finally getting me computer back but no, I was wrong. I did everything I was supposed to do for a repair install, I clicked enter not R in the first screen, then it found the version of windows that was already installed on my computer. So it goes through the whole process and finally finishes and gets to the part where the computer restarts itself. Now after its restarted im at a screen with helpful windows tips on the right side and its telling me whats its installing and the approximate time left. I was going fine until a few minutes in the screen starts going black, it keeps going black and coming back like if I had restarted the computer but the setup is continuing normally. Later on when the windows setup gets to 12 minutes remaining I get a blue screen and windows will restart itself and start the setup all over. I have to go through everything again, putting in my product key. I tried cleaning the cd incase it was dirty but still the same thing. I've tried about 6 times and have gotten the same result all 6 times. I need help, I want my computer back!!

what kind of problems were you having that prompted a repair install in the first place? what it sounds like is a hardware conflict of some sort.

I had been trying to start up my computer but I kept getting a screen with options like safe mode, and last known configuration but which ever I picked I kept getting a blue screen and my computer kept getting restarted to the same screen with the options. I havent added any new hardware to my computer lately, the only thing was some RAM that came included with it when I bought it but that was last summer and I didnt install it, the guy at best buy did.

Is there any way that I can get into the windows folders without actually starting windows? If I could just get my files and put them on a cd or a flash drive I could just format with no worries.

Thanks I was able to get to my files with Bart PE but how do I get a usb flash drive to work with it? I put the flash drive in the USB port but nothing happens when im using Bart PE.

you need the usb plugin AND you need to have the flash drive in the usb port before booting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back