I'm leaving for awhile.. Again!

Rick

Staff
Sorry to run again, but I'm going to Los Angeles for awhile with my girlfriend to hang with her family etc.. We'll be gone for almost a week starting tomorrow night.

I'll have minimal (if any) Internet access, so I'm pretty sure I won't be posting here until next Thursday.

Until next time...

santaangeles.GIF

Have a nice time. We will try and control the torment of evilness that threatens to rip apart our green and pleasant forums. We might be able to hold it together without you for a week :D

I'm not sure if it is possble...DON'T GO!!!!!!

But I guess my opinion doens't matter too much, have a good time.

Thanks guys! Good news comes my way before I leave though that I have to share with everyone.

I believe I have my first "computer job" now. I'm pretty excited about that. :) I had an interview etc earlier.. Today the owner asked me to come in so he could "try me out" and I fixed three PCs with a number of variously difficult problems. He said he normally doesn't pay for try-outs, but he handed me 40 bucks and said that I did such a great job, he'd make an exception. Then he told me he looked forward to seeing me again when I get back and I really felt like I have the job.

He did mention that he has a few others to try out, but he had a good feeling about me. :)

The typical pay there is about $25-$35 an hour on a per-job basis (!), or 30-50% of the total customer bill.. However you slice it, that's good money!

Anyhow, I'll be leaving on a good note. I just wanted to share the good news. :eek:

That is awesome Rick. Do a good job, cause those kind of opportunities are hard to come by. Let us know how it goes, and whether or not you actually get it.

That's completely awesome Rick....The job I mean ;)

My sister lives in LA...

But anyway, enjoy your trip, have fun.

Back