I'm stuck in a never ending cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallabing

I dont know what to upgrade to. I originally planned on getting a seocket 939 system with a Athlon 64 3700, but then everybody started saying

"Dont get that, wait for AM2 to come out." :confused:

So 2 months go by and AM2 comes out and I am ready to get it, but then everyone starts saying

"Dont get it now, wait for AMD to cut the prices for the Athlon 64" :confused:

So 1 month goes by, and now everybody is saying

"Wait for Conroe to come out" :suspiciou

So I'm like that for 3 months. What should I get? Just wait for conroe or get AM2?

Too funny!

On the one hand, there is always something that is coming down the pipes and people will always tell you to wait for it. But at the same time, it is a wacky time for CPUs right now with some of the biggest changes we have seen in a couple of years.

Me? I'd wait for conroe if you can.

if you need a system now, buy it for your needs with some future proofing.

If you don't have a pressing need, wait a little bit.

I personally have never really used Intel and theres always gonna' be hype for new technology; esspecially as was previously stated there have been alot of advancements and changes in the past year or so. Its mainly with the hype and advertisement.

Conroe will probably be really good but the later launch may be better so who knows. I would wait though and save your money and see. Also I would really think about what your needs are and which ones meet them best; I am in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back