Image shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
This is my config: MSI K9NU NEO-V, AMD Athlon 3500+ AM2, 2 GB DDR2, 320 GB WD Caviar, GeForce 7300 GT Xtreme and my LCD Benq FP93G.
I run Windows XP SP2 and I have the latest driver for my video card.

I have this strange problem and I can't tell if it is from my LCD, my video card or somthing else. I find it hard to explain but here goes: everything on my display has something like an active shadow in the right side. This thing happens in windows, internet browser, games, etc. with fonts or geometrical shapes and it is best visible with dark colours on a white background. It looks like the image has duplicated itself in the right side of the real image and sticks there but with a lower opacity or so to speak. I searched a lot on the internet but I came with 0 results probably because I don't know how to call this phenomenon. If there is a tech-name for this sort of problem please tell me.

I know it is not related to ghosting or smearing. A friend suggested that the problem could occur because my LCD uses a D-sub/DVI-D connector.
Also, if you know any related stuff regarding my problem please redirect me.

Thanks in advance!

Hello, Atilex, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, i used to get something like this on my tv on certain channels. It was caused by a poor signal so check the connection to the graphics card and maybe try reseating the card on your motherboard.

D-sub to DVI-D. You mean an actual converter box that turns the analog VGA signal to a digital DVI-D signal?

Or was it a typo and you are actually using a DVI-I or DVI-A connection?

problem solved

Problem solved. Today I took out the signal cable and the connector to check it out from my LCD and after I replug it the image was ok. The funny thing is I did the same thing when I first observed the problem but it didn't do any good then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back