Implant 1+GHZ system inside of Commodore SX-64 portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Wow! You have to have a read at this:

http://sx64.opsys.net/

sx64.case7.JPG

this page is dedicated to my efforts to skillfully implant a 1+GHZ system inside of my Commodore SX-64 portable computer. this modification will be completely stealth. in fact, when my C64 emulator is running, it should be completely indistinguishable from the original system. however, when the emulator is not running, i will be able to watch DVDs, play MP3s, surf the internet, and play games from anywhere through windows XP. a truly portable system, complete with integrated monitor, keyboard, and handle! lan parties here i come!

thumb.sx64.case3.jpg

thumb.sx64.beta.jpg

thumb.sx64.almostdone2.jpg

update 10/2/02: keyboard interface firmware is going good. the clock and data pins are doing what they're supposed to but i'm gonna need to buy an oscilliscope (which i've been putting off for quite some time) to get the timing down. [my old heathkit finally bit the dust sometime last year ;) ] anyone have a decent oscilliscope they're willing to sell/trade?? my budget is up to $300 USD! someone?!

source: http://sx64.opsys.net/

Agreed, but still not sure why someone would want to do that other than just to be different. Or you have too much time and money on your hands.

Its just a fun project. Its better than getting stoned all the time and stuff which is what I used to do before I tried to find something more productive with my time. Its basically just a bit of fun to write an article about and show off a little.

Of course, I understand that, it guess since I don't see the reason to do this is the only reason that I said what I did. Hell I spend a lot of time working on cars and different things that I like. So I guess I understand now, just an initial reaction.

Lots of things aren't worth it, but people still do them. If I was faced with the same possiblity, I would do it too. Think about it, the guy had no instructions, nothing to work off of, he just took it went.

Plus, like he said, it was great for LAN games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back