In Game Massive Fps Drop [HELP!!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosebleedXD

ok when i first got my computer built and everything, my computer was running smoothly and everything.

A year later i reformatted my computer and ever since then ( i think ) my fps has been dropping insanely in games.

Also one time i couldn't recieve an ip address with my router and rogers told me to call linksys. So then i did and they told me to do something with mac clone address and dhcp or something renew and then my internet was working again.

I'm not quite sure but one of these things have been messing with my computer.

So after i reformatted i've installed the lastest drivers and etc for my video card and everything and still i recieve fps drop in games.

For example: In cs I'm hitting constant 100 from looking at the net_graph 3. Then at a point my fps will just drop to 50 or lower and rise back up. Then it keeps doing that every minute or so. Its not just for cs..

Computer Specs:
Windows Xp SP2
Intel Pedium D 2.66ghz
1.00gb of ram
250gb hard drive
ATI Radeon X1600 PRO 512mb

So thats pretty much it so if you could help me fix this problem that would be awesome or you need more info about my computer and such please let me know

*bubble-a3roXD@hotmail.com

Did you scan for any possible viruses / spyware you might have on your computer?

Also press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and see if you have a really high CPU Usage, that would cause slowdowns...

Do you run any programs in the background not nessecary like MSN or AIM?

yes i have scanned several times, nothing. Plus i reformatted my computer twice. And In game for cs, i have around 40 - 50 percent cpu usage. ANd i dont think msn is the problem, i've tried with or without it. If you need any more info about my computer or whatever please tell me. Would my computer be over heating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back