In need of a good riddle...

juills said:
Anyone out there have a good riddle or come across a good riddle anywhere?

Whats goes up a chimmney down
but not down a chimmney up

Or what gets wetter the more it dries

Or my favourite from when I was a kid

3 women go to a shop to buy a TV
the only one they can afford is £30
so they all chip in £10 each
Just as they are leaving the manager comes back and tells
the assisitant that the TV was only £25
The assistant thinks quickly and decides to make a quick profit
realising that he can give them all 1 pound back and keep 2 pound he does
exactly this.

So the question is this..... if he gives them all one pound back which means that they all paid £9 each and he kept £2 wheres the missing pound

£3 x £9 =27 +£2 =£29...??

I never could work this one out

Regards

Nodsu said:
Heheheh.. /me knows the answer

To which one Nodsu,???

The first 2 are easy , i'm wondering if anyone can supply the mathematical formula that answers the 3rd.....

Could it be you Nodsu,,,??

The tv was £30 pounds which the women originally paid.

Having realised the tv should`ve been £25 pounds the assistant refunds the women £3 which means the women have paid £27 pounds for a £25 pound tv.

In other words they have paid £2 pounds too much and that`s why the assistant as pocketed the £2 pounds. He obviously didn`t actually tell the women it was only £25 pounds.

30-5=25+3=28+2=30. The trick is remembering the women paid £2 pounds too much. As the actual price paid for the tv was £27 pounds and not £25 pounds.

Regards Howard :)

Yeah, the riddle is about tricking you into adding up the wrong numbers to the wrong sum.

howard_hopkinso said:
The tv was £30 pounds which the women originally paid.

Having realised the tv should`ve been £25 pounds the assistant refunds the women £3 which means the women have paid £27 pounds for a £25 pound tv.

In other words they have paid £2 pounds too much and that`s why the assistant as pocketed the £2 pounds. He obviously didn`t actually tell the women it was only £25 pounds.

30-5=25+3=28+2=30. The trick is remembering the women paid £2 pounds too much. As the actual price paid for the tv was £27 pounds and not £25 pounds.

Regards Howard :)

My brain doesn't feel so well now :dead:

Something Slightly more confusing...

Within, I have eyes and see,
I can't drink, but still have tea,
it's in me, though E I've never done,
I don't have ours, no... just one.

Backwards, I see right on cue,
don't have me, I do have you,
I've said all that's in me,
Tell me, what is it I be?

The word 'Critique' two I's, a T, E, only one R, backwards, C is right of Q, U

i must confess that 1 is way to clever for me, i got sent it and didnt understand the riddle letalone the answer

Back