In need of dire help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emagdnim

Well, I was given a computer with a a8n5x motherboard, 2xgigs of corsair memory, a radeon x1900 xt, and a 450w coolmaster power supply. When I got it, it had no display so I tried replacing the video card, but still, nothing. So then I got a new motherboard, got no display and figured out that the video card was f**ked up. I went out and got a nvidia 8600 GT OC. I've just about given up but I want to know if anyone has any clue as to what else could be wrong, maybe a messed up power supply or processor? The new motherboard I use is a a8n-sli se.

Sounds like processor to me i remember having a smiler problem some time back i was going around in circles replacing components when it was the processor.

Well, I guess it's time to go buy a new processor =/ Is it possible that my Radeon x1900 Xt had those error lights lit because of the processor?

Anyone? =/ Time to sleep... very angry and irritated, i've been trying to get that other computer running for over a month now

buuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm

please use the edit post button when there are no replies in between

also wait 24 hours before posting again in your thread because our members are scattered across the globe so we're not all on at the same time

it may be possible that your ati card's lights were lit up because of the processor, try fitting a new processor then if you want you can put the card back in and see if they still light up

Hmm, I think i'll try replacing the processor, I think that's my last choice, i've already replaced the mobo and the video card. Well, atleast I got 2 gigs of corsair ram and a sweet full tower for free.

Anyone else have an idea as to what the problem can be.

1st try - Replaced video card. Result = No display

2nd try - Replaced mobo. Result = No display

3rd try - Replaced mobo and video card. Result = No display xD

Yeah, its only about 2 or 3 months old, its a 21" widescreen westinghouse monitor. I've tried it on another monitor also =/

it's a program that tests your ram to see if it's faulty :)

google it and you'll find the website

there's two versions: memtest86 3.3 and memtest+ 1.7, it doesn't really matter what version you use but i think memtest+ is newer

ok then, if you want to skip the ram then get a new cpu :) however i would just like to say that it doesn't hurt to test your ram and it could save you buying another component that you don't need

i have one question, though, when you say no display, do you mean that the pc seems to start up ok but the monitor doesn't show anything or says "no signal"?

go for a new cpu then :)

usually if ram isn't in or not working properly it'll start beeping and your optical drives lights may flash, and the hdd activity light will probably stay on

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, it ends up that it was my processor that was screwed up. I'm pretty happy now. My old computer was a gigabyte mobo with a P4 2.3ghz processor, geforce FX5200, 2 gigs of ram, and a 120gb hard drive

New spec :)

Asus A8N-SLI SE
AMD 64 x2 4200+
Twinx2048 3200c Corsair ram (2x1gig)
Radeon x1900 Xt 512mb
350g Hard drive
21" Westinghouse widescreen monitor

After trying for a month a half to fix this computer, it finally paid off. Thank you to those of you who helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back