In the market for a new card

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKirru

Since the demise of my x850pro, I need a new card on a budget.

I'm looking at either getting another x850pro or a 6800Gt. Are they about the same in terms of performance?

Andy

Do you have PCI*E or AGP?
If you have AGP, a X850XT would be better, and if you have PCI-E, a X1800 or a 7800 would be better, but I'm afraid they're a little expensive.
How much can you afford?

i have an NX6600 GT powered by nvidia, works beautifully, when u hook it up my tv, its like watching a movie through a dvd player. the 6000's gt are great

The X850XT is good but for a better price, get an X800GTO2 and unlock the extra pipelines. It's basically a locked X850XT and it will be cheaper too. It just needs a BIOS flash to unlock the pipelines. NVIDIA's 6800GS would be a great choice too if u want SM3.0. It will make a difference in running newer games like Oblivion.

Hello again. I see you've given on your old graphics card. I hope a new one will solve your problems. I have a 6800gt here and it's great, really made a difference for me. Unfortunately I can't find a chart comparing the two, but out of pure bias and good experience I'd go with the 6800gt.

paranoid guy said:
Hello again. I see you've given on your old graphics card. I hope a new one will solve your problems. I have a 6800gt here and it's great, really made a difference for me. Unfortunately I can't find a chart comparing the two, but out of pure bias and good experience I'd go with the 6800gt.

It wasn't so much giving up on my old card, more in accepting there was nothing I could do for my card :(

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back