Increase memory for integrated VGA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first time posting on Techspot, so please excuse if this is the wrong forum for this post. I am looking for some help on my ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series. My Compaq Presario SR1720NX is rather outdated, but i know for a fact that the onboard ATI Radeon Xpress 200 can have a maximum onboard Memory size of 256mb. However it is stuck at 64mb.

The ATI Catalyst Control Center will not allow me to change it, even to 128mb, it just resets it back to 64mb. My Bios, which is named "Phoenix AwardBIOS CMOS Setup Utility" has the option to change this locked. It is greyed out and cannot be selected, or for that matter changed.

I had google searched remedys for the problem, I've tryed reseting my CMOS before, to no luck, the option still remains locked within my BIOS, and with ATI Catalyst Control Center doing nothing, I was wonder, just exactly WHAT do i need to do to get my Xpress 200 running with the full 256mb? It use to, but now it doesnt, I have no other cards and have been running it for a very long time. I noticed a significantly lower FPS on Battlefield 2 recently, and then saw that my Onboard Memory for the card had dropped.

Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back