Increasing FPS on CS:S

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozz

ok I play Counter Strike Source and have a 6800GT. Pent 4 (3.2) 1 gig Ram. Ive tried all the console commands, configs, and everything and have gotten up to about 130 fps constant. Is there anything else i can do to get even more. Are there and simple mods or new hardware that i can purchase they will specifically help increase performance (FPS) . thanks

I'm sorry I can't help as I don't play CS.

Is it noticable to have your fps that high? I cap my fps at 80 in wolfenstein: ET. Should I not? I'm not trying to hijack the thread or anything, I've just heard a few people talking about high fps rates and I assumed that 80 would be more than enough.

fps

well i dont know about all games but in CSS i can really tell a difference with higher FPS. Its a lot smoother the higher for me.

Hi Gozz,

The 6800GT can be modded to an Ultra
by using Rivatuner .
Or go for Omega, i got one for my old x300se,
it has overclocking and a lot of other advanced options.
Gets me about 10 frames more in nfs mw, and up to 20 for
UT2k4.
Personally i 've got good experiences with Omega drivers.
Very stable, no issues. Read installations notes carefully!!
When installed try clocking the core and memory with little steps, like 5or 10 mhz.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia/win2k_xp.php

Let me know if it works.

Grtz,
Charp.

ps. When overclocking with this software works for you,
and you gain performance, than DON'T forget the COOLING aspect.

yeah

yeah charp ive thought about over clocking but then again like you said i cant forget about the cooling. I just have a stock system (Dell) so im doubtful that i have a very good cooling system. Although i have not tried the omega drivers yet. I always just go to Nvidias website and use those. Let me know what you think about over clocking. Ohh and i dloaded coolbits whick allows me to mess with the clock frequencies. Should i stick with that or try the omega?

@Gozz

i have a Dell 8400, it works fine.
in the' book' case i placed another 80mm fan blowing
towards the card. when you close the case, it fits perfectly.

see specs
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42680

Is fps 130 not enough? does framerate drop in the game?
As i said i've had good experiences with omega, for ati.
I've tried to change clocks with the ati drivers and several other programs,
but i'm staying with this setup. It shows the actual fps in any game, lol.

With this driver came ati tools (the oc software).
I assume with the omega driver for nvidia it includes a oc tool for them.

And don't think you fry your card in an instant.
Further on try some googling, for 6800gt mods, softmods, oc.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/gf6800-oc_9.html
:giddy:

ok

ok thanks, thats a big help. Im gonna do a lil searching and get it right. yeah 130 is great fps if i can get it constant. Thanks

gozz said:
ok thanks, thats a big help. Im gonna do a lil searching and get it right. yeah 130 is great fps if i can get it constant. Thanks

In heavy scenes fps always drops back, don't think
it's really avoidable,

Goodluck

grtz,
charp :giddy:

hey, you can download mods, but it makes the graphics a little worse, but i htink it is worth it. the mods just make the guns look square so they dont take as much to load. you could try if u want, just go google it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back