Infected with adware/virus , recommand me a firewall for win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmax

Currently using window 98 SE with just 64mb ram an old pc.It's infected with malware and virus as I assume.I had ask a few which they suggest me to install a firewall to prevent an infection again when goes online.

The problem I am facing right now , which firewall can support window 98 SE with 64mb of ram ?
A simple firewall will do more than enough to just block unwanted connection so with those virus and malware.

Please recommand me

Thank You for your support :)

Thank a lot , right now the biggest concern is deleting the virus manually.Having just 64mb ram , I am pretty sure not even one antivirus can run and scan it.
If anyone knows an antivirus which will run on window 98 SE with 64mb ram please let me know.

Thank you :)

Hi,

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions as far as you can with your current system. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of mmax only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back