Infostealer.Gampass issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Techspot,

new to the forum here, hope you can help me with my problem.

Here goes: recently I got a notification from my Norton Antivirus software that it had detected but supposedly also resolved an attack by Infostealer.Gampass. However, after this suddenly my Norton Antivirus didnt work anymore - it asked me to activate my account but I couldnt. First I tried removing Norton and reinstalling, but it didnt work; still couldnt activate. So after some time I decided I might as well do a recovery of the system to the settings my HP laptop had when I bought it. It came with windows installed.
However, after this I installed Norton again, but it quickly informed me of another attack of the Infostealer.Gampass. It seems it is still in my system, although Norton again claimed that the attack was resolved.
Also, now I cannot update Windows and I also have a problem to fully update Norton - I cant update "Intrusion Detection Signature Update". Other than that my computer is running ok, but I am worried about the malware - if it is still there and if so how I can fully remove it?

I have attached a HJT log file
looking forward to your response :)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You`re using an outdated version of HijackThis. See HERE for the latest version.

Your HJT log appears to be clean. However, this doesn`t necessarily mean your system is clean and it sounds like it isn`t. With that in mind, please do the following.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of comeonyoureds only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Please follow these instructions carefully.

1. Download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached avengerscript.txt (from my attachment) and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the file you have just downloaded, click on it and press open
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply, as well as a fresh HJT log.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of comeonyoureds only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back