Initial screen freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to get CSI dark Motives to play. when I go to start the
game the menu screen freezes up & renders my mouse responsive So I have to shutdown my whole system to quit the game. If I repeatedly 20-30 times
click the mouse I might get it to budge a tiny bit. I've unstallled it & re-installed it & I also have 2 copies of the game & I have the same problem with both copies
Can you help?
mary-50 :confused:

Suggestions

This type of system hang could be the result of a number of issues, I do however have some suggestions that might help:
  • Ensure all current drivers are installed, especially for your video card
  • Run MemTest to make sure you don't have some sneaky defective memory module
  • Run Prime95 to test your processor, defective processors are often unsymptomatic until they are put under a heavy load (Such as 3D Games)
  • Alt-Ctrl-Del before you start the game, monitor your system resources while loading, take note if RAM is depleted before game completely loads.
  • Ensure all recent Windows updates and patches are installed (including any for the game)
  • Spyware will rapidly devour your systems resources, removing these threats will always make your system faster and perform better.

Possible solutions:
  • Upgrade RAM (512MB of Kingston or Corsair PC3200 RAM >$100) On gaming machines, I recommend at least 1024MB.
  • Upgrade Video Card: for dedicated gamers, X800 Pro or 6800GT are comparable in price (Around $400ish)
  • Install Spybot, AdAware, or Microsoft AntiSpyware (beta) to cleanse your computer of any spy/adware. (Free for personal Use)
  • Maintain current and updated Virus protection software (my personal preference is Norton AV)(Around $50 for most current version)

Hope some of the advice helps your problem, theres nothing more frustrating that dropping $50 on a new game and not being able to play it :dead:

C0d3Warr10r

Big Blue:
Asus P4P800 I865PE
P4 2.8GHz 800MHz
2048MB KingMax PC-3200
Maxtor DiamondMax 9 /160GB /7200RPM /8MB Cache
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
Enermax 420W PSU
Aspire X-Dreamer II
Lite-On 12X DVD+/-RW
Sony 48X CD-RW
Samsung SyncMaster 997DF 19" CRT