inno3d 7600 gs agp problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fajoo24

Hello,

i bought inno3d 7600 gs 256 mb Agp card yesterday...the problems i m facing are as follows:

1. In oblivion, with hdr on sometimes it works fine but sometimes screen goes black, similarly when i turn water detail to high sometimes it works fine but sometimes water becomes corrupted n everything else looks ok, another problem which i m constantly getting is tht on every human character the strange lines are apprearing...

2. In NFS: MW the game is running perfectly but rarely glitches come in the race and menu....

3. Hitman blood money, isn't running good at all, i played this game on my old 6600 vanilla 128 mb with decent details n the game was working perfectly, but now at any detail i try to play this games the fps i m getting r like 10-12 :S.....

4. 3d mark 2005 score i got was like 1950 something which is too low, i hve seen this card scores more then 2500 points on 3dmard 06, my old 6600 vanilla scored more then 1700 points on 3d mark 05, i hve seen the same 7600 gs card score more then 4000 points on 3d mark 05

http://www.inno3d.com/press/press_7600gs_agp.html

i hve tried installing different drivers but it didn't solve the problems....i downloaded latest forceware 91.31 but it didn't even find any compatible hardware and didn't installl, however, the driver i hve on cd tht came with the gpu is 91.28 n it installs alrite, i downloaded and installed 91.33 beta driver, it installed but the problem wasn't sloved, i even downloaded and installed a tweaked ngo driver whose version was 91.37 but still problem is the same with all these versions of drivers......

i m now puzzled wht could be the problem, i hve 300 watt 14A-12V psu n i hve used 6600 vanilla on same psu before (which had more power requirements thn this card) n it worked perfectly.....gpu temp. are just fine i.e on idle 49 degrees n on load goes to 55-56 degrees....i hve already disabled the onboard vga from bios......any idea wht could be wrong????

btw i hve Amd Sempron 2600+ (1.6 ghz, socket 754), Asus k8v-mx mobo and 768 mb of ram (512+256)...

You might try another power supply, as 300W seems to me to be kind of small for a 7600GS. Maybe the power req. for the other card were more, but what else could it be? Unless the card is incompatible to a certain extent w/the mobo or it is faulty.
Hoping to help.

Just checking but did you plug in the auxilliary power connector on the 7600? Depending on the maker, your old 6600 might not have had the same thing and if so, it's easy to overlook.

mailpup said:
Just checking but did you plug in the auxilliary power connector on the 7600? Depending on the maker, your old 6600 might not have had the same thing and if so, it's easy to overlook.

yes i already did tht...

Tedster said:
91.33 and 91.37 drivers are not stable. Use 81.98

i tried installing 84.xx drivers which are best but it said 'no compatible hardware found' and didn't install n 81.98 are even more older, i dont think they will be installed too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back