Inspiron 2200 Video Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop. I know there are no video upgrades for this type of computer but i thought it was possible to go into the BIOS and changed my video memory. The laptop has an intergrated GPU and I want to know if it is possible to tell it to use more memory for Video than 8MB. Anything on this topic will help it doesnt have to do with the BIOS i just want to know if there is anyway i can change the video settings in BIOS or anywhere else.

Depending on what you already have in the laptop, more memory may be beneficial. That would depend on what processor you have too, though. If you have celeron then more memory isn't gonna help much. If you have a P4 more memory (like 1GB total) may help speed thing up some. But don't expect a huge increase either way, you would still have only 8MB free for video memory.

Yaaa I got a Celeron M with 504 memory. I dont know how much you know about Dell Inspirons but is there a way I can update or do something to the BIOS so it will let me edit my system settings. I know a lot of Dells have password protected BIOS and if i could get past it then maybe I could change my video memory.

So even if i some how get into my BIOS and am able to change my system settings I still wont be able to change my video memory because it is hardwired. I thought it uses the memory from the whole computer so why couldnt I tell it to use more?

sw123 said:
Not true. Designed correctly the Dell XPS is perfect for gaming.
you didn't read what I said - I said GENERALLY. and personally, I can't really see a valid reason to GAME on a laptop anyway. Upgrade abilities are limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back