I am having an issue with the power cord and battery on my dell inspiron 5100. My puppy chewed through my original cord. I purchased a new universal cord which appeared to be working. Yesterday I noticed the machine running on battery even though the power cord was plugged in. Then the machine shut down and I have not been able to get it to turn on. I have checked the fan, removed the battery and hd. When I plug in the power cord (no battery) the power indicator light and the battery indicator both have green lights when I plug in the battery all the indicator lights go out. Is it possible that mobo is toast?