install help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes132

i have been getting errors while installing games and stuff. I have been trying to install everquest titanium as well as platinum. The first error was a C***** (<-- not sure what word but think it was something like corruption) failure. i went to event viewer and went to the website and it gave me this:
hello i have been trying to install a game (everquest titanium edition) and it has a c****** failure. i looked in event viewer and there was a warning in the system part. I went to the website is listed and it came up with this...

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 51
Source: Cdrom
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: IO_WARNING_PAGING_FAILURE
Message: An error was detected on device %1 during a paging operation.

Explanation
An input/output (I/O) request to a memory-mapped file failed and the operation was retried.

I have just installed a new power supply, but i have gotten the same error before i even installed the new power supply... Would this be a problem with the CD's i am trying to install... or my cd rom??? or neither???

Also, i just tried to install the game again and it came up with an InstallShield Wizard error which says

Setup has experienced an error

Please do the following:
-Close and running programs
-empty your temporary folder
-check you interenet connection (internet-based setup)

Then try to run the setup again

Error code: -6005

can anyone help me with this?

EDIT: I just tried to install Tribes Vengance and it came up with an error have to deal with 'data1.cab' and it also seems like when i tried to install everquest said something about .cab files.... if thats any help in helping me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back