Installing an update to Diamond Stealth II g460

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this game that shuts down shortly after loading. The help program suggested I check out the dxdiag, so I did, and i did some checks and then it told me this-Hardware accelerated Direct3D 8+ is not available because the display driver does not support it. You may be able to get a newer driver from the hardware manufacturer. Along with Direct3D 8 test results: Display driver does not support API (DDI version too low)
Direct3D 9 test results: Display driver does not support API (DDI version too low)

So, I went looking for an update i found one, I installed it and nothing happened. It said it finished and i restarted but nothing different happened. So, what am I doing wrong?
Os-Win 98 se.
Diamond Stealth II g460/version-4.10.001.1346

This card was originally disigned for Direct X 5 and/or 6. It will not function with Direct X 8 or higher. What kind of game are you attempting to play?

Diamond Stealth 2 specs:
64-bit maybe even 32-bit
170MHz RAMDAC
BUS PCI 2.1 Compliant
MEMORY 4MB SDRAM

hmm. After some checking (again) I saw that my previous version of sims worked okay, it pretty much had the same requirements. So, that ruled out my video card. So, I think it's just my lack of ram. I needed a ram upgrade anyways.-Thanks for your help

Well when you come back because more ram didn't fix your problem.....may I suggest upgrading your video card? You can get nvidia geforce cards that support DirectX 8 in PCI still. Example

At least you'll have lots of ram now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back