Installing itunes 7.1 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy1240

Ok, please be patient since I am old. I installed itunes previously with my old ipod. Now I just purchased ipod shuffle. I had to upgrade itunes to 7.1 and I tried but then a message popped up saying my quicktime.cab was corrupt and couldnt upgrade. Does this makes sense to anyone? Now what do I do? Thanks! Please help me.

addition info

Also I tried to update my quicktime and this is what I get:

This file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher.

So I take it that I cant update my quicktime which inturn I cannot update my itunes. How do I get past this?

Thanks! Hope someone comes in here quick!

Oh i know there were some problems with itunes and vista, with the quicktime downloads. I'll read into it a bit if I can

Ok Thank you so much!!! I hate when I have a new "toy" and cant use it because of some glitch. Ill be back in a bit to see if you found anything Thank you again so much!

Ok well I have a question. Did you use quicktime to play videos or downloads etc, there have been bad security issues with quicktime recently, Making it very difficult for people to upgrade their versions of itunes/quicktime.

Try uninstalling QuickTime and iTunes, then completely redownloading and reinstalling them. That should (hopefully) do the trick.

Regards :)

still problems

I still get that security issue and wont let me download. I uninstalled both itunes and quicktime. Grrrrrrrrrr this is making me insane. Any more Ideas? Thank you.

if you uninstalled and reinstalled I think that results to you may have some kind of virus. Did you do any scans yet? with and without itunes installed?

Yes I scanned. Its almost like some file on my computer is set up not to except this file because of security issue. But I dont know what file to look up to switch it so it can be opened. If that makes sense to you. I just now rebooted and going to try again.

Actually, it seems that there is some firewall/antivirus that keeps stuff without a valid digital signature from downloading because it is a potential security risk. Do you have the Windows XP firewall or antivirus enabled?

That is what I think also. Im still looking for anything in my files. Thank you for trying to help me!!!! Im willing to try anything. I just want to use my new toy!!!

Windows xp firewall.

Here is a message I am getting which is stopping me to go any further:

The cabinet file 'QuickTime.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from cd-rom or a problem with this package.

I turned off my firewall to except quicktime and still nothing. Grrrrrrrr.

Ahhhhhhhhh Maybe I should use internet explorer to download it. I didnt know it made a difference I will try that. Ill let ya know!

kitty500cat said:
where are you downloading it from?

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, is ActiveX enabled?

That did it! I love you I love you!!!! Thanks for everyones help and putting up with me. Thanks kitty500cat for mentioning internet explorer! Have a wonderful weekend! I will spend it listening to my new toy! Hopefully I wont have more problems. But if I do I know where to go! :)

Excellent! Glad to hear your problem is solved :) If you have any more questions, you know where to ask :D

Regards :)

P.S. Sorry if I stepped on your toes, supersmashbrada; I just happened to be online awhile this evening and figured I'd try to help where perhaps I could. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back