Installing Multiple Cd Rom Drives(more than one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XApemanX

Hello I just joined the forum in account that I cant find any information on the topic of installing multiple cdrom drives. I have just switched my fathers Sohw-1633 dvdburner with my Ltr.52327s cdburner. Now we bowth have 2 drives in our computers and we bowth have the same problem. The problem is that bowth the drives seem to be combined into one and the name is put together also its weird i think its because they use the one wire. I was wondering what program or method I need to use the fix this. Anyhelp would be cool. if you have a link to a page with this information plz post.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you set the jumpers correctly on the rear of the drives properly?

I.E the Dvd drive should be set as master and the Cd drive should be set as slave.

Then the long end of the IDE cable should be inserted into the secondary IDE slot on the mobo. The other end of the cable should go to the Dvd drive and the connector that is part the way down from that should be connected to the Cd drive.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

All the cables are set as they wehre when i took them out so it should be right but i'll try the setting the dvd as master and the cd as slave and how do i set the jumpers?

Take a look at the jpeg image below it shows you what the jumper looks like on the back panel of a cd drive.

You just have to put the jumper cap on the set of pins that corrispond to what you require. I.E master or slave. The Csl is cable select and wont be required here.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

before the switch there were no wires hooked up in there on either computer, if i need too wich i think u said i did right?.. Wait a minute i installed the second drive in my dads comp to beginwith with no problems why would i be experiencing them now? is it because i didnt take the drivers off :(

You don`t need drivers for a Cd/Dvd device. Windows will automatically install it`s own drivers.

You could uninstall both drives from device manager then reboot your system and let Windows redetect them.

Take a look HERE It shows you how to install a cd/dvd drive.

Regards Howard :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back