Installing new pc error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie.benstead

I have been trying to build a new pc from old parts. But when I install windows xp (brand new harddrive so I have to), it will go to the blue screen and then load the files then crash at the part where it says setup is starting windows.
The parts inside the system are:
Motherboard: Nvidia nForce 400
CPU: AMD 950 mghz
Ram: 64mb
Aint to sure about other parts, but if you need to know, then just say...
So what is the problem with it, why will it crash and not load, any ideas??

XP does not like many Old parts.
64 Ram is not enuff (Some claim it will work) It will be better with at least128-256 is good.
Microsoft has a master list of acceptable hardware do a search on your items.

Look at the post time I did not see your correction.

Old means , prior to XP's Hardware coverage.You are trying to load and at the point you mention is around driver configuration by the GUI. I think you need to Check compatibility and also try loading to Safe Mode maybe you can get error messages from event log etc.
Or you could correct some driver etc from there.

I cant get to safe mode. The problem is installing windows on the new harddrive. It loads the files then when it says setup is starting windows it will freeze.

Windows will not comeplete installatin for a couple of common reasons.
The installation CD is dirty/scratched.Related is a Rom that is producing errors.
eg dirty laser etc.
You can copy the CD to a Partition on the HDD and install from there.

Incompatible drvers/hardware.
You have to check hardware compatibility.

christine robin said:
My computer shuts down when I command it to search something on the internet. Does anyone have any idea why?

It would be better if you start your own Thread .
You post ,here will be very confusing.
I suggest you read the instructions for conduct/posting at this Forum.Look at he top of the Page.

It could be the motherboard im using but I got a problem, on the front of the mobo manual it says sparkle so I assume this is the company that makes the mobo, well its not listed on windows hardware thingy... But I am sure I had windows XP installed with the same parts previously...

Solved the problem, it was the motherboard. I just switched it with another old one and things just worked fine. Thanks for the help anyways everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back