Installing UT2003 on a dell dimension 4300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all :)

I hav a P IV on a Intel845 board together with a Gforce 3 64MB Win2k w/ SP3 installed.

The problem is the following:

After installing a new game like UT2003, Hitman2 or Warcraft3 the .exe process is running but nothing happens. Even after several minutes (I went out for lunch) nothing changed.

After updating all drives I still had no progress.

Any ideas???

Rgds,
Koerti

I am using the retail version and they work on my friends computer. I wounder if it is the licenced video card and not a "original" one.

I have simply no idea :(

is your buddy running Win2K as well or is he running something else? also do you have clone Cd or some other form of virtual drive installed?. some games will not work if clone Cd's "hide media" tray icon is active.

Originally posted by iss
is your buddy running Win2K as well or is he running something else? also do you have clone Cd or some other form of virtual drive installed?. some games will not work if clone Cd's "hide media" tray icon is active.

He has Win2k as well. Apperantly I do not have any CD clone tools since I "re-newed" my system a while ago, because I though that maybe some shareware has screwed up my system.

But I got a hint from a buddy. He told me that some games would not install propperly from DVD drives. Have you heard anythings regarding this issue?

But I got a hint from a buddy. He told me that some games would not install propperly from DVD drives. Have you heard anythings regarding this issue?

that can happen depending on the capabilities of the DVD rom.

When I purchased Jedi Knight 2 and tried to install it it would not install from my DVD drive. I called tech support and they told me basically the same thing you said above. they then had me try the install from the CDRW drive and it installed without a problem.

I was convinced however that it was not a problem with my DVD Rom but a defect in the game so I took it back and exchanged it for another. the second game installed from the DVD rom with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back