Installing XP on HP Pavillion DV9205TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I recently purchased a HP Pavillion dv9205tx running vista. I want to run a dual boot with XP.
I have installed XP on another partition on the laptop.

The problem I am having is that It did not install drivers for heaps of devices. I just want to be able to get onto the internet so I can do automatic install for the unkown devices but I cant even get onto the net. I found i driver for the network controller and installed it but I can still not get any internet access. The only other device in device manager with a yellow questions mark next to it that I think I may need is the ethernet controller? Do I need this and if so where can I get a driver for it?
I have tried hp but they said they dont support xp on this machine(I even downloaded all the drivers from the hp website for xp on this machine before i installed so this problem wouldnt happen).
Has anyone installed xp on this machine? Can I please get some help?
Here is the list of things with yellow question marks next to them in device manager still:
Base system device
Base system device
Base system device
Ethernet controller
hp integrated moduel
pci device
pci device
sm bus controller
usb device
video controller (I know I have a geforce go 7600 but cant find any drivers that work for that either)

Can someone PLEASE help me with installing these devices. Is there anyway I can find out what brand and model each of these devices are so I can find a driver that works?

Kind Regards,
Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back