Integrated Audio Realtec ALC850 on asus A8N-E or add soundcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

detrunks

:confused: I'm getting the above mb but have heard that integrated audio is ALWAYS worse than a seperate soundcard - can anyone confirm this?

Is even a basic soundcard (such as creative soundblaster live 5.1) going to be better?

any help would be much appriciated :grinthumb

depends

It depends on what speakers you're using, and how demanding your audio tastes are. I have an ASUS P5P800, with onboard ADI AD1985 audio. When I installed the mobo, I checked out the onboard through my Logitech x530 5.1 speaker system. It seemed adequate, but not as crisp as my Audigy 2ZS card.

My personal opinion is that a good quality soundcard outperforms the onboards that I have heard, and I DO love my music. :D

thx 4 reply, but the ZS is not what I'd call a basic card. Would you say onboard sound is the same as a basic card (under £15)?
(p.s. I also have the same speakers!)

don't know the conversion to Pounds, but I started of with a MadDog Predator 5.1 card (about$25 USD) that was better than the onboard I had at the time, but that was AC97 audio. I am not familiar with the onboard on your mobo, and would hate to say for sure. Also, check out Turtle Beach cards. Economical, good features for the money. I have a Catalina, supports up to 7.1. It was about $50 USD. (I'd give ya the MadDog for the shipping,if you like-if the shipping over there isn't more than you'd pay for the card)

thats' a really kind offer :D but I reckon your experience basically means the basic card is better and I can get hold of one cheaper than the shipping - thx for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back