Integrated Audio (Want to Disable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLean B

I bought my PC with an Integrated Audio

I recently purchased and installed a SoundBlaster Xfi Platinum

there is no option in add/remove programs to remove this integrated audio (Intel Audio Studio)

I have disabled the sound device in the Bios, yet the program wont go away.

Help would be greatly appreciated :hotouch:

You should be able to uninstall the drivers under window's add/remove option. If not, just put the sound blaster in the pci card and disable the onboard sound via bios, this should work.

PUTALE said:
You should be able to uninstall the drivers under window's add/remove option. If not, just put the sound blaster in the pci card and disable the onboard sound via bios, this should work.

this is exactly what i did

there is no option to add/remove on the add-remove feature

i disabled it in the bios, but now its giving me an annoying error message on boot up that says something like "Intel Audio Studio is not compatible.."

Have you looked in the sounds and audio devices control panel ? There`s some yummy stuff in there,ie make your sound card preferred device etc...

You can disable the onboard sound in bios. You can also disable it in windows by My Computer->properties->[hardware tab]->device manager. I would recommend disabling it from bios.

CLean B said:
I bought my PC with an Integrated Audio

I recently purchased and installed a SoundBlaster Xfi Platinum

there is no option in add/remove programs to remove this integrated audio (Intel Audio Studio)

I have disabled the sound device in the Bios, yet the program wont go away.

Help would be greatly appreciated :hotouch:
Howdy, I realize that this is probably 12 months to last, but I have run into the same problem and discovered that for whatever reason, Intel installs the software with a "NoRemove" option set to "1" in registry. If you will go into the registry and look under the HKEY_LOCALMACHINE hive, then search for allinstances of "Intel Audio Studio; for every entry that has a NoRemove key set to "1" change it to "0". When you exit the registry and then go back to add-remove programs, you will have a "Remove" button and the software will uninstall cleanly.. Hope this helps anyone else who is haveing this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back