Integrated Graphics Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokecan72

hi, i have a Via EPIA M10000 Nehemiah board with integrated graphics. i was wonderin if i could increase the ammount of memory it uses?, i've increased the AGP Aperature size in the bios to 256m (the highest setting) and that increased its memory from 32mb to 64mb. i cud do with a bit more, even another 32 wud be ok?
any ideas or software or anything i can do it with?
cheers :)

Using software to "increase" your memory isn't really ever a good idea. The way I look at it is the companys designing such software are just trying to rip off those of us that dont know any better just like companys that sell "pop-up blockers" or send you messages using Messenger Service asking you to buy software to stop the same messages they themselves are sending.

I remember using a program called SoftRam back in the day. It never made a difference in my performance or what I was able to run.

Your best bet is probably to optimize your Windows installation. If that doesn't make any difference you might want to try to tweak your virtual memory or SWAP.

Do a google search for the keywords "optimize" and "windows".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=optimize+windows

You do realise that when you increase memory to onboard video, it takes it from your physical RAM.

Anyway, if you want to optimize Windows settings, have a look at the links in my signature.

hey, thanks for replyin, i've definatly had my fair share of crappy programs that dont work but rip you off. StormBringer, i am aware that it will take it off my physical memory, but im not to bothered. i know that my comp can run very well on 256 DDR (i got 512 DDR at the min). just about to have a look at the sites you all gave me, will reply soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back