Intel core 2 extreme x6800 wise choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rab2140

Hi all , i recently just bout a new intel core 2extreme x6800 processor for 200 pounds i have heard that this processor was really good but i have a few doubts now after i bought it . first off, was 200 pound good for this processor? or should i have maybe went a bit higher and got the the quad extreme qx6700? opinions would be greatly appreciated because i want to run crysis really well and just need some opions on this processor cheers

I'm not sure about the 200 lb price tag for X6800, but a Q6600 will go for $325 and a regular E6850 for about $299Cd here in Canada. For sure you won't see any difference between an X6800 and the Q6700 when it comes to Crysis. I've read and seen the performance reviews and they all show such little diff. it's not worth talking about. To run Crysis very well means mid-high settings and one of those above cpus and a minimum 8800GT 512Mb to achieve (believe it or not!) 30FPS!!!!

It will be more than fine; It'll be great! I hope your dog gets hit by a car if you're telling the truth!! Now all you need is some 133MHz SDRAM to complete the install.

lol cinders thanks for the advice kirock n cinders i was kind of regreting getting it but if your saying that it is just as good as a qx6700 quad core can wait a while . im planning to build my new system im getting that new processor i mentioned 4 gb reaper hpc 800 mhz ram asus striker motherboard 8800 gtx sli when crysis gets better optimized you think this setup will have a prop running it maxed?

No setup can run Crysis maxed out right now. Unless you'd prefer playing at a resolution like 1024x768 or lower.

yea ino no system can because of its crap optimization but could i get the best possible experiance with this setup or should i buy the qx6700 and over clock it?

You'll get the best possible experience, the difference between an X6800 and an Q6700 is the difference between 25fps and 26fps. :)

For Crysis only, there is minimal difference. But the difference will be plain when it comes to multi-tasking such as encoding a movie while running an HD video at the same time. Also, the upcoming patch for Crysis will allow quad-core CPUs to provide significant improvements in performance while running the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back