Intel Core Duo vs Athlon 64x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukka

I purchased an am2 motherboard with the nforce 3 chipset, ddr2 ram capabilities and an agp slot. I purchased a cheap athlon 64 4000 single core processor for it and in comparison to my old system, its very fast especially with the 1950pro i stuck in the agp slot.

Now, I am wondering whether it is worth upgrading to the fastest dual core processor i can fit in my motherboard, but i havent read great things about core duo vs athlon 64x2 and also havent seen too much about games being optimised for dual cores (the main reason i was happy to go with a fast single core for now).

Does the intel dual cpu line really kick amds *** as much as people have hinted, or does the amd line still offer good value for money if you wait till the expensive chips drop in price in a while?

both have advantages and disadvantages. Too many to list and there are too many computer magazine articles describing them. When you factor in price, the X2 line performs just as well as the core 2 duo line. Without price, intel has a clear advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back