This is my pc's specs :

Intel D920 dual core
Intel D945gpm Motherboard
1Gb of ramm on dual channel (2X512mb)
160gb hdd
6600GT DDR 3 PCI Express 128mb .
400wt psu

This is my problem :

My cpu is idling at about 55-60 and when i play games it goes up to 75 :hotbounce .(My graphics card's gpu idles at 48 and when i play games , eg FEAR at full graphics ecsept for soft shadows, it goes max to about 57 - But my cpu goes up to 75 !!!) I have a Thermaltake Blue orb 2 which is mounted on my cpu but it doesnt make a difference . I have applied a small drop of thermal paste in the middle , not too much or too little . There was a time when the cpu was idling at 42 degrees but i had to redo my windows , and never saw that temp again. I also heard intel as this new speed something driver ,that decreases heat by using less power or something , but my latest bios update doesnt have it in there yet .

What should i do to keep the temp down :knock: ???

welcome to techspot.

www.zalman.co.kr

i strongly reccomend that you invest in the zalman 9500 all-copper cpu cooler. it will put your heat problem away for good. make sure the cooler will clear any and all objects on your motherboard, and your case. remember that you need to install a backplate for this cooler, which means taking your motherboard out of the case. it's well worth it, though.

razor89 said:
My cpu is idling at about 55-60 and when i play games it goes up to 75
Does it crash then? If not, there's nothing to worry about.

There was a time when the cpu was idling at 42 degrees but i had to redo my windows , and never saw that temp again.
The heatsink is probably dusty.

You could also try setting power management to laptop mode to see if it changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back