Intel extreme graphics 2 or radeon X800 problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my system

Dell Dimension 3000
Intel pentium 4
2.8 GHZ 512 RAM
windows XP (sp2)
Intel extreme graphics 2 onboard video

The video card im trying to install is a
Radeon X800 PCI series

When I try to disable the video card it seems to only reset my graphics settings to 8 bit and 800 x 600 resolution, I've looked at other posts here about the Intel extreme graphics 2 and I know that it will consistently try to reinstall its driver if uninstalled. My ATI Catalyst software will not install itself for some reason. I put in the disc and it goes through the installation process, aburptly stops but it doesn't install any ATI things onto the computer, when I look in my control panel afterwards there are no ATI things in there whatsoever.

I know this video card works and everything cause it was working in my other dimension 3000 even before I disabled the onboard video on that computer it allowed the ATI software to be on the computer. I tried getting the latest drivers from ATI but when trying to install them it pops up a message saying
"Setup was unable to find components that can be installed under your current hardware or software configurations. Please make sure you have the right required hardware or software"
what does that mean? Im not sure what hardware or software I may be missing...

any idea as to what I should do? Thanks in advance!

You may need microsoft .net framework 1.1 which is on the ati site as well as microsoft's!!!!

Okay so when the video card is in the slot windows should recognize there is new hardware right? Well when I insert it i dont get any popups about new hardware or anything, dont know if that means anything...

when I tried to install drivers and stuff again the onboard was already disabled and still unsuccessful at getting any ATI software onto my computer. For some reason it wont install, not from the disc...not the one I downloaded from ATI website...

Someone help!

Boot into safe mode by pressing F8 before windows begins to load then select safe mode in the menu!! Go into device manager and remove everything in display adapters then reboot into normal mode. Your pc will install the built in graphics, let it do it!! Once done, go into device manager and disable the built in graphics!!! Then shut down and fit the pci card and boot and see if it prompts for add new hardware!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back