Intel Pentium D versus Core 2 duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z@X

After looking at new processors, i basically have 2 choices:pentium 4 or Core 2 Duo. I like to run multiple applications at once but also need raw processing power for 3d games.I don't want to spend more than 300$ so which processor is best for me?

These fellows speak the absolute truth. The Core 2 is without a doubt the current top performer, followed up by the FX and the X2, then the Athlon64. The P4 D ranks a distant 5th in terms of performance of high end chips in the market currently.

Moreover, a P4 D can be found for extremely cheap - I've seen the 830 for $150 sometimes, on sale.

I am currently using a P4 D 830 as my work station, and an X2 3800+ as my game station. The X2 absolutely dominates the 830, no contest. I'm replacing the P4 D with a Core 2 once I find someone to buy the older workstation off me.

Aren't Pentium 4 and Pentium D different processors? Then why do u call it the P4 D Soul Harvester?
Z@x said:
After looking at new processors, i basically have 2 choices:pentium 4 or Core 2 Duo. I like to run multiple applications at once but also need raw processing power for 3d games.I don't want to spend more than 300$ so which processor is best for me?
And he seems confused about it too, coz the thread says Pentium D and he's talking about a P4. WTF???

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Aren't Pentium 4 and Pentium D different processors? Then why do u call it the P4 D Soul Harvester?

And he seems confused about it too, coz the thread says Pentium D and he's talking about a P4. WTF???

No. Pentium 4 is a single-core processor, regardless of core.

Pentium 4 D is any dual-core variant, meaning any CPU of the 8xx or 9xx series.

They are not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back