Intel Prescott overclocks at 6009 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

A 19 year old Finnish techie, who is called Stilt, has managed to overclock his P4 560, 3.60GHz processor to more than 6009 MHz with the help of liquid nitrogen cooling. I don't see any comments about stability (that's anyone's guess) but we all sure have to admit that that is one big overclock that's been done there. Hats off to Stilt. R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

haha thats off the hook! I remembered when they took a p4 to 4.2GHz and that was outragious..and still is.. It doesnt seem that now, we already have 3.6GHz cpus.. thats just so fast :\

It was not stable at that speed, it was stable at 5,6ghz I think...

You forgot to mention macci, they both did it...

still, it posted at 6ghz :D but stable 5.6ghz is really good, too bad liquid nitrogen doesnt really work unless u have a worker standing by refilling...

Wait so this is using the 3.6.......what about the new 3.8 P4. That must be able to get a bit more!!! HAHA

So wait, ca we overclock anything to the limits as long as we have the cooling? Or does the CPU itself have to be at least half the overclocked speed? (3.6-6.009........................errr my maths sucks)

good question, can you OC a cpu to the limits if cooling is right, or do u just have to have cream of crop + best cooling to get to the limit?

You will need one of the faster processors obviously but once you have that it will depend a lot on the manufacturing batch, some will overclock better than others.

thats what i thought, even with the best cooling, some cant OC to the max calcuated speeds.

The new ''prescott'' chips have great OC capabilities compared to previous northwood chips. I can't wait till the actual CPU speeds are standard at 6Ghz.

(me above)

Does anyone know if the P4 EE chips are better for overclocking than standard chips. Do the bigger caches in the chips benefit better overclocking even though their core speeds are slightly lower than the latest ordinary P4 Chips (3.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back