Intel proccessor

Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone please tell me the diferent between intel pentium 4M,Pentium M,Celeron M,and Centrino processors. please i really need to know.wuld sure be greatfull.thanks

Pentium m is the cpu used in the centrino platform. Centrino consists of a pentium m cpu, a wireless card, and a specific laptop chipset. Pentium m is a good cpu.

Pentium 4 m is a pentium 4 desktop cpu that's been modded to use less power for use in a laptop, it has less battery life than pent. m.

Celeron M is a cut down version of a pentium m, IIRC.

Basically get a pentium m chip, they're fast, cool, and use little battery.

vnf4ultra said:
Celeron M is a cut down version of a pentium m, IIRC.

Yea that sounds right. with around half the cache (approxmatley) and a lower clock speed. It is cheap...which is great for budget Laptops...but if you want to use high ends apps, or other intensive programs, i would go with what was suggested.

Sean

Edit: looks like someone decided to edit posts

Make sure to not confuse Centrino with an actual processor.

"Centrino" is a label, much like "Intel inside", that refers to a laptop configuration that conforms to a specific intel-designed spec, including an intel Pentium M with Intel 855 Chipset, and Intel Pro Wireless 2100.

johnny:

Pentium 4 (M)obile = Any mobile pentium 4. It's not a Pentium M, the M only signifies it is a mobile CPU. These aren't seen very often anymore, especially not in newer laptops.

Pentium M = Intel's latest mobile processor. It is a modified Pentium III designed for high performance per clock and good battery life.

Celeron M = Celeron version of the Pentium M. The clock speeds have been ramped down dramatically for these CPUs and they ship with much lower L2 cache. They are often found in budget notebooks. The performance is comparable to the Pentium M when cache size is not relevant.

Thanks soul harvester for verifying what I said, I wasn't sure about the celeron m, I thought it might have been a modified pentium 4 m, instead of pentium m.

Soul Harvester said:
Edit: looks like someone decided to edit posts
QUOTE]

I saw the post before the edit...it was umm quite to the point. lol. BUt thanks for the heads up..i always hate getting things wrong.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back