Intel Seabreeze (D845GVSR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to everyone. I have the same problem that many of you have, my motherboard just died and I'm trying to replace it with a new one, but I can't find one on the internet.
So I have a Emachines T2984 and the motherboard is Intel Seabreeze (D845GVSR).

I did found a site
but it's currently out of stock :(

So does anyone know a site ???

Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place.

This is the exact place to post this question. Assuming you want to transfer your existing parts from the old motherboard to the new one, this one might work: Biostar motherboard.

It is a socket 478 motherboard like your old Emachines (I think). Keep in mind socket 478 processors are a bit obsolete and you might be better off with a new PC but you didn't ask for my opinion on that. You will likely have to buy a new Windows CD as the old one is tied to the original motherboard technically.

Yep .. I want to transfer all the parts from my old motherboard.. it doesn't matter if this processor is obsolete .. the thing is that I don't want to lose the parts from my old computer.. so do you think that the motherboard that you showed me is good for my computer ...
I see that the Onboard Video is:
Onboard Video Chipset S3 Chrome9 IGP
so do you think that this integrated graphic card is good ??? .. if not can I add another one ???

or can you recommend a better motherboard , even if the price is over 100$

I don't need to buy a new Pc because I already bought one from Dell in august ... I want to make my old Pc to work too

Sorry I took so long to come back to you. I wouldn't rely on the onboard graphics for anything beyond office applications, internet, viewing DVDs or the simplest games. However, if that's all you want it for, it should be fine. The new motherboard has a PCI-E x16 graphics card slot so you can upgrade it to some of the latest graphics cards if you want but your old processor would likely bottleneck the higher end graphics cards.

When I checked with the Newegg website, this was the only board they offered that met your requirements. I didn't check other sites.

emachines

GruppoApparte said:
Hello to everyone. I have the same problem that many of you have, my motherboard just died and I'm trying to replace it with a new one, but I can't find one on the internet.
So I have a Emachines T2984 and the motherboard is Intel Seabreeze (D845GVSR).

I did found a site
but it's currently out of stock :(

So does anyone know a site ???

Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place.
if you replace the motherboard you have to replace the powersupply to bestec atx250-12e are what caused your mother board to go out. and emachines know about it but wont fix the problem

emachines

if you replace the motherboard you have to replace the power supply cause that is what took out your motherboard . see emachines know about it and wont fix the problem.

if you replace the motherboard you have to replace the power supply cause that is what took out your motherboard . see emachines know about it and wont fix the problem.

I'm not so sure you can do that.....

If you simply get another mobo, you may have to get a new copy of Windows as well. An OEM copy of Windows "dies" with the motherboard, and M$ probably wouldn't reactivate it for you. As I understand it, Emachines "tatoos" their mobo so that their recovery discs wouldn't work with the new board. There are other threads in this forum with more information.
One thing is certain, those Bestec 250w PSUs are lethal to Mobos, and the foregoing posters are absolutely correct, don't try to fire anything up until you replace that power supply!!!!

Heres a slight upgrade

I had the same problem with an emachine model T3958 failing, this has stock intel motherboard D845GVSR and the bestec250 W supply.
At first I figured I would just replace the mobo and supply, it had worked fine a couple years so I figured to keep chancing it, even with the design issue. As you found it is limited supply at retailers online, I found one, but at the cost, I started to compare costs on - a supported Mobo, new processor.
If you look at intel site, as well the chipset is not supported anymore. The next generation is largely supported now, using the 945 series. There is some differences, improvements which cause upgrades of components.
I went with changing over the processor to the 775 socket. I stayed with the uAtx form factor, which ended up being very compatible. The motherboard I wound up with (there are a good number of different feature balance, similar cost range if you constrain to "775" celeron D and uAtx) is the Intel D945GCPE.
I used the processor celeron D 352, which is 3.33 Mhz. I had to upgrade the ram to using DDR2, so used 1GB PC2-5300, 667 MHz.
I selected a little more supply than I think I need, so Antec EA430. Im pretty sure the 350s still work fine in going to the 945 features (more speed, more juice), but this gives me a little more system headroom (for instance, this Celeron is said to be very overclockable) as well as running cooler, quieter and more reliably. 20 dollars more or so, I wanted to be where Id never replace it again, and with the Antec reliability and quality, I believe Im there.
Another thing I did is to go to a vista compatible Hitachi Deskstar 160 GB Sata 2. The new mobo only offers a single EIDE connector, so right now the old drive is kludged in(not mounted just sitting there so I must be careful) as slave in the 5inch bay (the old topology of CD/HD in different bay locations precludes any design reasonable solution of having both drives on one cable.
The motherboard has a lot of Sata 2 support, and I read the newer emachines in this series are using this as well, so thier bios's should keep having support. Plus now Im vista ready, although I found after the install CD, booting into windows that the activation of the OS was fairly easy by getting a new code from Windows.
The costs of components are near the same as the new emachines with these features, but I wont be seeing another bestec this way. It is about the same cost as the D945 motherboard being sold by online retailers, which look like its just marked up end of life stock (primarily corporate users etc, who have tax and capital expense rules that make them have to do funny things - from the price points It doesnt look like emachines/ intel are trying to steer us this way).
Lets see , roughly ~$260 +/- shipping.
works fine though.

A Stitch in Time......Saves Mine... er Nine...

The last post by the original user was November 7, last year. Sooo.....I guess his problem was solved somehow.
Anyway this is a nit but, the 352 Celeron D is 3.20 Ghz and not 3.33. The 356 Cele D is 3.33Ghz: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819112213 I mention this because I have one.
The 945 cihpset is as spectacular bargain in this Foxconn board:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186070 Foxconn alleges that it is for Prescott CPUs only but it will run the Cedar Mill chips as well. Again I know this because I have one. These 2 parts are the makings of a cheap decent performing box. The mobo is Atx, so that would, unfortunately, kill the Emachine case.
Not that any of this matters, considering the age of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back