Interested in buying stock, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidosmosis

I know this is a little off topic but this is the best place to ask this question because even though it is about stock, I want to invest in some stock in this area.. I thought about AMD but I want to do some research first. If you know of any companys like AMD, or a new company such as Thermaltake, OR a company that is getting into the whole "case-modding".. basically the new areas in computers that are going mainstream. I think now would be the best time to invest in some stock in these kinds of companies that are pushing the kinds of things we talk about here daily. So, if you know of any new companies that are out that may make it big or that you think their stock may go up within the next two years let me know. I would very much appreciate it. If you can even give me an idea of some companies to research.

Thanks guys.

Im going to buy some AMD soon. I think their stock is going up quite a bit when the Opteron starts getting out and when they release the Athlon 64. I think Cray going with AMD chips will be a big boost. When they released the original Athlon, AMDs stock went up 300%. And then the crash............

stock

I think I am going to go with AMD too, the stock is pretty low right now and were talking about AMD here so you know it will go back up. So many people worry about stocks and losing money but if you buy when its low and the company doesn't go out of business, usually its bound to go back up and therefore you can sell and make money. Not such a problem as people think it is. Most people just think they are gonna make 50 million dollars or something which just isnt the case. I wouldnt expect more than a few hundred dollars, cause I can't buy $5000 in stock for one thing. I might buy about $200 in shares. Which I am estimating around a $1000 +/- profit within a year especially like you said once they release some new technology.

Despite the crash, so far I've made $150 with Microsoft ( :haha: ) stock. I have 30 shares, and currently it's at 49.85. Which is almost $1500. I wouldn't reccomend going this route and I'm not an avid follower of the stock market, but that's my experience :cool:

I'm hoping in 4 years that stock will be worth something and maybe it'll pay for my college education. Good deal eh? :D

What tools do you use for buying/selling stock, etc?
I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks in some tech stock.

Rick> Agreed, not right now, but maybe quite soon...

Their stockprice is low, they are set to ship the R350 soon as a respons to the NV30...
And if it performs as has been rumoured, they'll retain the speed crown...
This will lead to their stock going up...

BTW: If you're going to buy an odd/small number of shares, make sure whatever company you plan to use will let you! (Most online companies allows it afaik, but make sure)
I lost out on a 30% stock increase for 3dfx since I was one day late.... (The company I wanted to use wouldn't let me buy so few shares as I had planned (2-300$ worth))

.02$

well

Well, I do not plan on using a stock broke. I plan on doing it on my own. I am not paying some company commission. Thats bull. It isn't that hard to keep track of stocks and if your not an ***** you can make money in the stock market if you buy low and just wait for it to go up. Ask Seinfeld, rofl.

Is there any good place on the net for buying/trading/selling stocks? I would love to hear about your experiences, what you recommend as a partner site and what's the best way to invest in stocks.

Since I have never bought any, I'm not too familiar with the tools used, or any website that can handle the process.

I'm all ears. :rolleyes:

Yes, I would also like to buy.

But just like Julio I don't really know much at all about it... How much is the cost for buying shares and where do you do it etc...

I'm thinking of AMD too...

Buying stock requires a little bit of reading, if you are serious about it though read through this. It presents information in an easy to understand format for those of us that don't know anything about buying stocks. I own stock, but to be honest my parents did almost everything as it was a present for me on my last birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back