Interesting Keyboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard for my XP computer (I don't know what other relevant specs one might need so let me know). The keyboard is USB and comes with a bunch of useless extra buttons as well as the standard ones that I'm using to type this post.
It used to be that sometimes (not all the time, maybe a couple times a month) when I start my computer the standard buttons won't respond, but recently it seems to be every day. I can't type any words, I can't change the any of the locks, windows key, alt and ctrl don't work... But the interesting thing is, all the useless buttons (media controls, favorites, links to browser, messenger, etc) all still work.
When this happens I go into Device Manager and see the little yellow exclamation point on one of my USB devices, uninstall it and then either restart, or un- and re-plug the keyboard, and it installs and is kosher once again. I have know idea what the trigger is... any suggestions would be appreciated because it's a pain >.<

You can try turning off plug and play in Services then uninstalling the keyboard and rebooting then directing the install for the found new hardware to standard HID device keyboard.

got a error message below
DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL.
NOW CANNOT EVEN REBOOT IN SAFE MODE TO TRY TO FIX IT . THE BLUE SCREEN COMES UP EVERYTIME EVEN AFTER I REINSTALLED MY COMPUTER OS .HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS DAFFY313

Hi Cct,
I Cant Even Get To Safe Mode Pr Anything . As Soon As I Reboot It Run Through It And Then Even After I Check , Run In Safe Mode It Show The Blue Screen . Everytine And Stays There .
Thanks
Daffy313

Daffy you are hijacking Samildanach's thread - very rude.

Start-Run_ type 'sfc /scannow' (no quotes) - have your OS disk ready. I WON'T respond here to you again - post a new thread.

No !!!!!!!!!!! I Am A Member Just Like You And Asked A Question To One Of Your Responces So I Don't Know What You Mean But Your The Rude One Here

Daffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back