Interesting Problem with ATI software

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a aiw 9600 xt video card. This card is about a year and a half odl. When I try to install my ati drivers from the cd furnished by ati, the setup page is in some language that I can not read. I think that it is russian or some Cyrillic writting. This started about 4 months ago. I have tried several times to load this page in english and from time to time I will get a couple of words in english, but not the entire page. I have tried to download all of ati's drivers on line and that is a nightmare. I am unable to find an ati e-mail site to ask them about this problem. Through trial and error I finally get everything loaded. Does anyone have any suggestions. I think that this will be my last ati video card.
thanks

Got another problem with mine.
Updated driver and catalyst to latest version and ended up with the mouse pointer turning into a lined square whenever I was over text, and MSI PC Alert4 wouold not run (reported a monitoring fault).

Rolled back to previous version and these problems disappeared.

I have the same proble today after fitting a new HD and updating the driver for my 9600 pro. Latest drivers and the curser turns into a square box made up of rows narrow black lines when ever I move it over text or links. I can't roll-back because I only have XP default drivers to roll into so I guess I have to search out the CD. What a bag of chite !!

You can still go to ATI's site and download older versions of drivers to try, new build or not. BTW, Nvidia has had their share of screwy drivers too.

Thanks for the reply but I did find the CD, I uninstalled the new drivers, rebooted back to the XP default and then installed the old drivers from the CDrom. Still got the problem so I can only assume XP didn't give up the drivers or they didn't uninstall properly. I'm not waiting to hear from ATI support.

Hi again,

Thanks for all those who have tried to help, I did DL the drivers from http://www.omegadrivers.net/ but alass they had no effect on the problem.

However, I have resolved it.

After a lot of expermenting I discovered that if I disabled "Write Combining" the problem went away. Now I've no clue what "WC" is or does so if I have dropped the ball here perhaps someone can tell me ? Till then I am an happy bunny so far.

Once again thanks a lot to AtK SpAdE, mailpup and Tamste for posting his problem which led me here via google. Bye from Staffordshire England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back