Intergrated soundcard not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've read some threads on this forum and they all got help so I'm hoping that I can get some help too :)

My problem is that my intergrated soundcard does not work. It doesn't show up in device manager even though it's enabled in BIOS. I've tried to install the drivers for it (its a soundMAX ad1888 btw) but it just says driver not found! please reboot computer. But when I do nothing more happens :/

Can it be because I have a Creative SoundBlaster live! installed too?

Seriously I need all the help I can get!

[edit] oops, forgot my mobo! I have Asus a7v880 amd athlon 2800+ win xp sp2

Greetings,

Cease

i would remove the SB live if you want to use the onboard sound. then you should see an unknown audio device showing up in the device manager.

make sure you have the CORRECT onboard sound drivers for YOUR mainboard/soundchip. install them... then cook it for about 15 minutes, put some spices on it. and the dish is ready.

Yes, as osram said, your onboard sound won't work while you have another sound card installed.

Thank you

Thanks, I guess that was the answer I knew I would get but didn't want to hear. You see, on my last mobo it worked to have both the onboard soundcard and the SB live installed at the same time :/

A little follow up question:
Is SB Live! Value better then the ADI ad1888 SoundMAX i have intergrated?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes, your SB live soundcard will be better than your onboard sound, and will use fewer resources as well.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Damn!

The SB didn't only hide the onboard soundcard but also mess up my via raid i think. Sometimes it would time-out leading to the complete halt of the system.
So I have to use the intergrated soundcard to get a stable system but there's one problem... My Creative Soundworks FPS2000 digital need a digital connector and the intergrated card doesn't have that. The speaker does have analog connectors too but I have lost that cable :/ So now I'm stuck with my headphones ://

same problem here

Well, it seems that SB Live 5.1 and integrated ADI AD1888 (SoundMax) combo doesn't work either.

Mobo is Asus P5VD1-X.

When i don't have my SB installed the integrated sound works great (though i like SB more). No matter what PCI slot I insert the SB - the integrated sound is not even recognized as a device. Is it a bug or a feature???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back