Interior design program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hello again:)

We've recently bought a rather large house ( 7 bedrooms) and are currently renovating it as it was neglected by the previous owners. It being such a large house, it will need LOTS of paint, but we are finding it fairly difficult to decide on colours, and locations of these colours. So basically I am after a program that will allow me to draw the entire house in 3d, and select colours and have the ability to view the inside etc, from multiple directions. Money is no issue at this stage as about $5000 worth of paint will be going on the wall, and I'd rather do it right in one go. It would be preferable however is the program is widely available, although I would also like to be informed about the more 'obscure' programs.

Thanks for any help.:)

Korrupt

CAD 12 (old) and higher will do the job. Not cheap, note easy, but superb... there are a lot of related programs by the following that will steer you in the right direction. Many of these programs are phenomenal, but time consuming to learn and require topnotch computer systems. You might also contact the archtectural design students at a nearby college.

www.autodesk.com
www.autosys.com
www.alibre.com
www.b4ubuild.com
www.bentley.com
www.cad.com
www.cadazz.com
www.cadpro.com
www.deltaCAD.com
www.freestyle.com/cad/cad.htm
www.homeplanpro.com
www.ptc.com/offers/tryout
www.sketchup.com
www.smartdraw.com
www.solidworks.com
www.studica.com/CAD
www.turbocad.com

Thanks for your suggestions, I have a top notch computer, so that will not be a problem, I am an experienced autoCAD user, so learning to use the program will not take too long. But, I don't think I need an actual CAD program, I am currently considering Punch pro 3D home, anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks again for your help, I will be sure to consult this list for future jobs, but right now I need something a bit simpler.

Autocad is one I remember for this type of thing. There are also freeware and shareware programs around that should do the trick.

Autocad is more for the structure of a building, not the actual aesthetics.

After downloading a trail version of punch, i have discovered its about as useful as a bicycle for fish - it doesnt save properly, dimensions are only accurate to the mm, and walls do not 'snap'.

Currently downloading trial version of better homes and gardens interior designer which looked good on the previews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back