Intermitting Crashing and error codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I am putting this in the correct forum, very confused by all the different ones and as I do not know what is wrong with my baby I have selected this forum. I apologise now if it is in the wrong place however I am in desperate need of help and want to ask the question before the system crashes again.
I am not technically minded and have had problems trying to fill in the user profile with info on my computer but I will try to explain what is happening.
I have intermittent crashes with reboots. Error codes have been different each time but mainly they are 1002 errors with codes such as the last 1000007e.
I was using the bbc site for a french lesson I was preparing and it crashed. I had nothing else open. I am running Microsoft Windows XP SP2. with an Intel Pentium 4 200mhz motherboard. It is a Shuttle FS51 Chipset Sis 651 with 224 mb. Video adapter is a Sis 650 651 m650 with Sis 315 intergrated 3d Accelerator.??? Am I making any sense, its all greek to me. I have read other posts and you have asked for mini dumps. How do I get them, what do I have to do? Very frustrated lady.
Mercel

Get speedfan from the downloads section here on TS and see if you have any temperature issues.

Do the crashes occur at any particular time (what are you doing when they occur - internet/applications/etc)? Have you installed anything recently just right before the crashes started??
You could try and narrow down just when they started and do a system restore picking a date a few days to a week prior to when they started. If one system restore (system checkpoint) doesn't work or tells you "System cannot be restored to this date", try a date preceeding that one.

Intermittent Crashes

Thanks for the suggestions. I have System Restored couple of times but nothing changes. It has been happening over a period of 4 - 5 months anything I installed recently I reinstalled to ensure it wasnt anything like that. It happens mostly when I am on the internet but it has happened on several occassions when the computer has been sitting idle. I will try the speedfan download to see if that helps.
Regards Mercel

If it's not a heat issue, it could be that the kernal32.dll and/or winsock.exe file has been corrupted. In this case, you may have to reformat.

Sorry as I am really not too sure what the kernal32.dll or winsock.exe files are I am unsure as what to do???

Had trouble downloading speedfan so give up on that. I have put the mini dumps into a zip file. How do I get them on to here please?

Mercel, it sounds to me like u would be off reformatting and reinstall Windows as this will fix any problem, except hardware. of course it helps if u have a seprate partion or another harddrive with all downloaded programs and if u have data u need bad it is good to have it there as well.

Exactly. Do you have your XP disk or recovery disks?? If so, you will have to reinstall windows. Let us know if you have any of these disks and we can walk you through the process, or point you to the appropriate Tech Spot help article.

Intermitting crashing etc.

Hi Thanks yes I do have the XP disk. I will need help how to do this as it frightens the living daylights out of me!!

Regards Mercel

Ok. Is it the XP disk or a recovery disk? This is important since each one is handled differently. Also, do you have a driver/utilities recovery disk that should have come with the computer (I'm assuming it's a store bought pre built computer)? Then we can move on to the next step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back