Internal HDD HARD error dell laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a dell latitude d610 used from e-bay and seen that the hard drive was password protected. I bought a new hard drive, a seagate momentus 20 gig but the laptop won't find the drive. I keep getting the error no bootable devices. I have looked for settings in the BIOS for SATA drives and can't find anything about hard drives at all. If someone could help I would be very greatful. Thanks

Neal​

Did you have the drive properly installed in it's metal frame before installing it in the laptop compartment? There has to be something in the bios telling the system that it has a hard drive. You might have to boot up using a CD with XP or floppy boot disk. Any new drive needs to be formatted and an OS has to be installed on it

I have tried to boot up using windows xp and get the message windows did not detect any hard drives and then the computer trys to restart. I have tried the drive with and without the drive caddy and I even took the bottom off the laptop and made sure the drive was seated all the way in. As for the bios I have looked in every option and only found one option that related to hdd and that was hdd aucoustic mode.

Moderator Edit:
Read: Dell Bios Password removal. Read this first BEFORE posting.
Read: HP / Dell / etc. laptop password help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back