Internert set up issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

THERAP1ST

I just finished building a computer for my brother last night, and while trying to setup an internet connection ran into some problems. First off I have the M2N32-SLI DELUXE Wireless Edition Motherboard(I did not mean to get the wireless edition). My problem is that I can't get the system to recognize th\e plain old Ethernet cable I have plugged in in the back thats is going to my cable modem, so it won't recognize that it has internet connection. It just wants to keep trying to set up a wireless network.

Hi

Follow the wifi wizard until it finishes.

Go into device manager and make sure that the hard wired NIC is shown

Start >\Settings > control panel >network connections .

It should show the Wifi NIc and the hardwired Nic, right click the WIFI Nic and choose disable, if the wired is disabled right click and enable it.

Should do you...

Regards

Hi

Then it may be disabled in the BIOS, or it may be a choice system, WIFI or hardwired in the BIOS.

Regards

THERAP1ST said:
What do you mean by choice system? As in it can only connect through one or the other? In my BIOS it knows I have a LAN cable connected to the computer, but when I perform a POST LAN cable check it tells me my LAN cable fails.( ***Warning:LAN Cable fail*** Please check the LAN cable has been connected to Onboard LAN correctly.) Well other than just plugging in the cable to the computer I have no idea what it means plugging it in correctly. And the cable is not faulty because I have been switching three different Ethernet cables out between that computer and the one I'm using right now.

So the onboard LAN connection is enabled in the BIOS but it doesnt show in device manager?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back