Internet Connection Sharing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok first of all ill tell you what kind of network i got setup

1 HOME PC - with a DSL Modem and a Wireless Card
2 Laptops with Wireless Cards in Each

ok first of all i set up my wireless network which works fine all 3 computers see each other and are to ping each other internal IP

now when i made the ICS Connection it renews the IP of the wireless Network on the home computer to 192.168.0.1 and then i reset the 2 laptops and they now have ips of 192.168.0.2 and .3 which is all good. the DSL Modem connection says it shared but when ever i try to access a web page through the laptops i just get Search Page could not be found.. One time i had a internet gateway in my network connections but it disappeared and i can't seem to get it back

now have i forgot to do something?

cause the whole wireless network works fine just the laptops can't access the internet through the ICS ive tried everything

On your computer with the wireless card and the DSL modem you need to build a network bridge. You can do it to go to Network Connections. Then select both connections and press the right mouse button and click on build network bridge. That will do it.

ok that didnt work.

u cant share a ICS on a Bridge Connection so i cant Bridge the DSL and the Wireless together.

update on the problem tho

when i just share the connection normal .. the laptop who is the client in the ICS automatically trys to connect to MSN and update virus scanner

so it is seeing the internet connecting but it wont start downloading or connect or load a webpage.

You need to do a little more reading in setting up a network that has more than two computers. The myriad of problems and adjustments may just be too long and convoluted to address easily on this forum... mostly because of the sharing difficulties. You no longer have a simple network, and need to tweak accordingly.

well it doesnt even work if i take the 2nd laptop out of the situation and just use 1 laptop and the PC it still wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back