Internet connection wont work after uninstalling drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesablo

Im new here, but I was wondering if anyone could shed some insight into this problem I have for me. I had recently installed a new video card, and I think some of the drivers overlapped or something, because I was getting some weird graphics problems during games. So i looked around how to fix it and I read something that said to uninstall your nvidia drivers(i have a geforce 6800 ultra). Well, basically I did that, restarted, and now my internet connection wont work for some odd reason, no matter how many different things i've tried. Ive got a LAN connection to my downstairs computer, which was running fine until this. Can anyone please help??

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to your mobo manufacturers website and download and install the drivers for your chipset and lan.

If your computer is an OEM build, such as Dell/E-machines etc, then go to your computer manufacturers website for the drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i tried installing some drivers, but they didnt really work - i have a mac bridge miniport for the bridge network, a 1394 for the lan, and a marvell yukon that i think is usually disabled..... also, if i did get the drivers how do i "install" them? theres no install/setup option in the downloads i got. because of this problem i cant go online to download the drivers i need, so i have to download them on another (this) comp and burn them to discs. and by chipset, would you mean the asus motherboard i have?

Yes, the Asus mobo you have requires chipset drivers as well as ethernet/lan drivers if the ethernet is built into the mobo.

I know for a fact, that the drives from the Asus website come with a setup exe that you can run.

Regards Howard :)

dude....thank you so much, those last giga-byte drivers worked; i really appreciate the help, seriously thanks a lot - haha, lemme see now if i can get this stupid graphics problem fixed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back