Internet Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry :S i wasn't sure where to put this, but lately my internet connection has been cutting in and out, and it's not and cables. I'm not sure why it's doing it, but a little help from some experts would be great. If you have any idea what is going on..Snowdude26@hotmail.com , please email me. thank you

do you have call waiting?

if so put the number *70, yes that four characters a star, the number seventy and a comma. this disables call waiting

nope, no call waiting :S. It's just odd, it'll work fine, then stop working all together, then work again..just on and off.

Michaelm said:
Sorry :S i wasn't sure where to put this, but lately my internet connection has been cutting in and out, and it's not and cables. I'm not sure why it's doing it, but a little help from some experts would be great. If you have any idea what is going on..Snowdude26@hotmail.com , please email me. thank you
need better description of the network hardware
(cable,dsl,dial-up, router) and what do you mean by 'cutting in and out'? what does the browser report as the problem?

by cutting in and out i mean it will work fine, then it's as if i won't have any internet at all, then it comes back, then goes away. It doesn't report as anything really. Just that I don't have internet connection. sometimes a box will pop up about renewing my ip address, but in the end it does nothing because it can't do anything :S

ok, you need to update the firware to your cable/dsl modem.

start to monitor exactly when the connection seems to cutout. you should see
it has a pattern, once in (24 hours, a week, a month).

the renewing ip address is always invoked from the ISP on some schedule
and there's nothing you can do to fix it. your real problem is the modem
is not handling the renew operation correctly -- ego the need for an update

Do you have cable? Recently ive had the same problems as you, the cable modem was plagued with problems... it kept shutting off and then resetting itself... most of the time it wouldnt reset it self properly, so we had to unplug the power.. wait a few min (sometimes it didnt even work and had to do the process over and over) and then plug it back in to let it restart itself. On its last day of life it started sparking when we tried to plug it in again... obviously there was a big problem with our cable modem. We called the cable company, we went over there and replaced the cable modem for free.... now we dont have anymore problems.. hope this helps you out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back