Internet Explorer 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jboman

I just upgraded from IE 6.0 to 7.0.

The problem I'm having is when I attempt to close IE 7.0 by clicking the 'X' in the upper right hand corner or double clicking on the 'e' in the upper left hand corner of IE 7.0 it tends to "crash", then I receive an error message, " IE 7.0 encountered a problem........" Then it's an option to send or don't send to microsoft.

I apologize for not giving the exact above error message as it actually appears.

What is the problem?

Is there a solution for this issue?

Jboman

Go into All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and select Internet Explorer (no add-ons) and see if you get the same problem. If you don't, you will have to determine just what add-on is causing the trouble. You will be able to turn any offending add-on's off

Thank you.

Thank so very much, I will check that out. I truly appreciate the advice. I'll get back with you if that works. I'm quite sure I will find some offensive add-on that 's causing the problem.

Thanks again Tmagic650.

Several add-ons which work fine in IE 6.0 have troubles with ie 7.0... among them a lot of the free utilities such as downloaders, registry editors, spyware installs and so on. But you should be getting an error notice in the event viewer. You can go to Start -> control panel -> administration -> computer management -> even viewer, then scroll down through the events, and click on those in red that may be suspect. By clicking on them, you get helpful details or subscriptions that may be useful. Then you have to delete that add-on, or go to their website to see if there is an update.

Good Feedback

Thanks to you all that replied. I will take a look into all of your advices. I truly appreciate the feedback. I was leery about upgrading to IE 7.0. IE 6.0 was working just fine, didn't have any problems at all. I may just go back to IE 6.0 or look into another Browser.

Jboman

Personally, I recommend Opera. I think it opens a little slower than IE6 on my system, but it's a lot faster than Firefox opens. And there's a bunch of cool skins for it too; I'm currently using the Windows Media Player 11 skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back