Internet Explorer 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroboy

Hi everyone - after downloading IE7, every time i used it, it crashed - so i uninstalled it. I then tried to reinstall IE6, but i get a message saying " setup has detected a newer version of IE already installed on your system". How can this be when i have already uninstalled IE7? Or is there another way of uninstalling it? And then reinstalling IE6? Any help would be appreciated.

Ie7

Thanks Howard - but i would have to system restore back to mid-november - would i lose all my updates and downloads from that date?

Ah I see what you mean. That is a long time ago and yes, you would probably lose some stuff you`ve installed since then.

Maybe you should reinstall IE7, then uninstall it from add/remove programmes in your control panel and see if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

Another thought may be to forgo IE altogether and try Firefox or Opera. With the latter being my choice.

I did this a while ago with ie7 beta, and was really pissed so I wanted to go back to IE6.

What managed to work for me was deleting the proper registry keys (doing a search) and then installing 6 back again. It was rather a pain in the *** though.

once you install IE7 it is almost impossible to remove unless you have something like Norton Goback or you restore your system from a previously ghosted or saved file. IE is intricately part of the OS. I don't like IE at all - especially IE7. So I use it only for windows updating. I use Mozilla and also Firefox for web browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back